Immune Boosting Sour Gummies
Categories: Snacks Yummy Extras
Lemons are high in vitamin C and are a natural antioxidant, which enhances the immune system. They also have antiviral and antibacterial properties.
Ginger is antibacterial so it helps support the immune system and it can help to prevent nausea and soothe an upset stomach.
Pineapple contains an enzyme called Bromelain, which aids the digestion of protein and allows your body to utilize immune boosting amino acids effectively. Pineapples also well known for its anti- inflammatory properties, which can help heal sore throats.
Honey is also added for its antibiotic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, which helps the body to fight infection and prevent the growth of bad bacteria.
Camu Camu Powder is one of the richest sources of nature-based vitamin C.
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup freshly squeezed pineapple juice
1 Tbsp freshly ginger peeled and finely grated
2 Tbsp raw honey
1 tsp Camu Camu powder (optional)
3 Tbsp changing habits gelatin
1. Pop lemon juice and pineapple juice in a medium pot and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and add grated ginger. Leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
2. When ginger has infused, strain into a jug or bowl, removing ginger sediment (optional, I leave in).
3. Sprinkle over gelatin and whisk until completely dissolved and free of lumps.
4. Add the Camu camu powder if using and stir well.
5. Let it cool for 10 minutes and then stir in the honey. Taste for sweetness and adjust to your taste.
6. Pour into moulds or into a glass/ceramic dish. Pop into the fridge until set.
7. If using a glass/ceramic dish, cut into bite size cubes.
8. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week.